MTANZ HealthTech Conference
Inclusion | Innovation | Connection
The medical device industry in NZ is on the precipice of major change. With the health reforms making ‘business as usual’ somewhat difficult and confusing for suppliers, the looming risk of Pharmac taking on medical device management (including budgets) as well as the new Therapeutic Products Bill legislation potentially introducing a burdensome and expensive regulatory system for medical devices in NZ. MTANZ are working hard with members to mitigate some of the negative effects of these changes.
Add to this a general election in October 2023 with a potential change of government and we have the makings of a potentially challenging 12 months for industry. The HealthTech Week 2023 conference will provide the information industry needs to navigate these changes and the activities members can get involved in to ensure they have their say. These are some of the sessions you can expect to see at HTW23:
- General Election - Leaders of the NZ political parties giving a summary of their health policies and key focus areas for the NZ election in 2023.
- Health Reforms, a year in review:
- The CEOs of Te Whatu Ora/Health NZ and Te Aka Whai Ora/Maori Health Authority giving an update on progress 12 months post health transition.
- The Director of Procurement and Supply Chain (P&SC), Te Whatu Ora giving an update on new national P&SC structures and forward planning.
- The Te Whatu Ora Chief Data and Digital Officer giving an update on progress 12 months post health transition including the Health System Catalogue and HiRA.
- Therapeutic Products Bill (TPB) – An update on TPB progress and the potential impacts on medical device industry.
- Pharmac - An update on medical device management and progress on the Pharmac Review.
- Member only sessions – Open and frank discussions on the key issues facing the medical device industry and actions that should be taken by MTANZ and members.
- Equity - An update from the Maori Health Authority on supplier’s cultural obligations.
- Surgical Wait times update - An update from the Planned Care taskforce on progress made against surgical wait times.
- Patient Outcomes - Sessions focused on examples of medical devices improving patient outcomes.
- Innovation - Sessions focused on examples of innovation in medical technology – future trends.
- Patient Advocacy - Sessions focused on Patient Advocacy.
Click book now to select your preferences to attend.